This week’s links takes a look at a former Wyoming great, the AA renovation project and Dave Christensen wanting to be the fastest team in the nation.
– Flynn Robinson, former Wyoming Cowboys Basketball great died Thursday May 23rd. The three-time first-team All-Western Athletic Conference honoree and member of the 1971-72 NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers succumbed to recent cancer struggles.
– Cowboy Football Ranked 102 on the Orlando Sentinel’s College Football Preseason Rankings. The Sentinel overall outlook for the Pokes’ 2013 season:
Outlook: Christensen has alternated between winning and losing seasons at Wyoming. If the trend continues, his team should be bowl eligible in 2013. The key will be offsetting the loss of senior leaders at key positions.
– Former Cowboys make generous donations towards the Arena-Auditorium renovation project. Theo Ratliff, Reggie Slater, Dick Scarlett and Robert Rhynsburger are just a few of the former athletes that have made donations to the project that is slated to begin work on Phase I in March 2014.
– PokesNews.com launches to make it easier for Pokes fans to easily sift through Wyoming Athletics social media mentions.
– Pokes football on Yahoo’s Dr. Saturday’s radar? The football blogger talks about Dave Christensen’s goal to be one of the ‘fastest’ teams in the country this season.